Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27 ----- Quartzsite, Arizona







Thursday, May 27

Here I sit in the camper trying to figure out more about this blogging. I have a few posts edited and had added a few photos. It is difficult to make the photos go where I want them to go, but I'm still trying and learning. The drive to here was scenic and I took lots of pictures, but do not have them on the computer yet. I just have to take things on step at a time and while I have a connection I will use it to the best advantage.

I suppose when you are in the dessert, or near one, a river is a real attraction. The one we saw had camping sites all along. It looked very inviting and very busy. Many of these areas appear to be winter homes for people who have now migrated north, but that river site will stay busy year round. The bright blue water was gleaming in the sunshine.

Check out time here is 12 noon. We will probably stay until about then. We are hoping the California rest areas are open. Throughout Arizona they were closed. I believe the only one open was the welcome center.

We drove through 10 miles of open range and expected to see some animals, but spotted none. There was a sign to watch for donkeys, but we didn't see any. We have been looking for the elk they say to watch for, but are yet to see even one. That may be good, because we don't want to see it in front of us or in the side of our vehicle.

When we checked into the campground last night, one of the things offered was a place to wash your rig for free. Although it was a lot of work for us, we decided to get a little of the dirt off. I sprayed and Harry bushed of one and one half hours. Even if it doesn't look like it now, the old dirt is off and new dirt has replaced it. It felt good to see the dirt roll off.

We will be leaving Arizona soon and hitting California. Praying that God goes with us and protects us on our way. We definitely know He is with us where ever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment